The Mayo 420 Building is a real building in downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma. Floors 3 through 10 are broken up into one and two bedroom apartments. There are many features to enjoy at the Mayo.
To learn more, visit: http://www.mayo420.com/
History of the BuildingEdit
- It is located on the corner of 5th Street and S. Main Street in downtown Tulsa.
- Named after brother John and Cass Mayo.
- The building construction started in 1909 and was completed in 1910.
- The first building consisted of five stories.
- In 1914, the building was expanded, added another five story building to the southwest of the Mayo.
- In 1917, they added five more stories on top of both building, creating two side by side buildings
- Now ten stories, the building became part of the "Tulsa Skyline."
- Begun in 1909, the Mayo Building is the oldest of the existing oil business buildings.
- It is the oldest office building in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- The Mayo Building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2008.
- Reason: it is one of Tulsa's earliest business/office buildings.