Spells and Rituals are an important part of life at any House of Night.
A Quote from The Fledgling Handbook 101Edit
|“||Rituals are the heartbeat of vampyre society. They are how we exalt Nyx. They are also how we mark many aspects of our lives. Vampyre society has Major Rituals, which include but are not limited to moon phases, changes of season, group cleansings and protection, the death of a family member, the breaking of an Imprint, the celebration of Samhain, Yule, Beltane, and Eostre. Though rituals differ according to the talents, preferences, and the needs of each individual High Priestess, there are some aspects of Ritual that do not change. There is always a Circle cast before Ritual commences. When casting the circle, the High Priestess will always begin in the east and call air to her. She will then move clockwise, or deosil, around the circle, pausing in the south to call fire, west for water, north for earth, and finally moving to the middle to call spirit to complete the circle. Candles are usually lit in each of the five directions as the element is called. The following colors are used for the candles: air--yellow, fire--red, water--blue, earth--green, and spirit--purple.||”|
— The Fledgling Handbook 101. Page 37.
Known Spells and RitualsEdit
- Full Moon Ritual
- Purification Ritual
- Samhain Ritual
- Rainbow Ritual
- Star Light--Star Bright Spell
- Full Moon Protective Candle Spell
- Full Moon Spell
- Dark Daughters' Induction Ritual
- Yule Ritual
- Beltane Ritual
- Eostre Ritual
- Capri Full Moon Ritual
- Spirit Release of a Familiar Ritual
- Imprint Breaking Ritual
- Farewell Ritual
- Perimeter Spell
- Red Fledgling Healing Ritual
- Protection Spells
- Love spells
- Drawing Spell
- Fautor per Fortuna Ritual
- Peace Spell
- Bulls Summoning Ritual
- Ritual of Celebration
- Reveal Ritual
- Death spells
- Sacrificial spell
- Sacrificial Protection Spell
- Cleopatra's Protection Ritual
- Entrapping Spell
- Aurox Freedom Ritual
- Happy Spell
- Garden Pests Protection Spell
- Migraine Protection Spell
- Ill wishes Protection Spell
- Clumsiness Protection Spell
- Annoyances Warding off Spell
- Neferet Protection Spell
Known Spells and Rituals ProfessorsEdit
- Professor Anastasia Lankford †
- Professor Beverly Missal
- Spells and rituals that deal with great emotions are never easy.
- Death spells are particular tricky as Death rarely cooperates, even when if the person just wants to glimpse it versus embrace it fully.
- Major Rituals drain the life energy from the High Priestess.
- Midnight is the perfect timing to do a protection spell.
- The simpler the spell, the less chance of confusion.
- Most powerful protection spells are always tied to the High Priestess who casts them.
- If the High Priestess relegated a part of her subconscious mind to hold the spell, the spell will eventually end.
- Linking a spell to a High Priestess will drain her.
- If a protection spell passes from priestess to priestess, it won't work as there is no stability.
- Modern lighters should not be used in a Ritual evoking fire.